a pain (in the neck)
someone or something that is very annoying:
- annoyanceThe café was cash only, which was a minor annoyance as I only had my credit card with me.
- nuisanceIt’s a nuisance to have to drive to the nearest shop.
- inconvenienceThank you for holding – we apologize for the inconvenience.
- irritationThe CEO’s poor communication skills became a source of irritation to the company’s investors.
- irritantThe noise of the building work is a constant irritant.
- boreIt’s such a bore to have to pack everything up again.
(Cambridge Advanced Learner’s Dictionary & Thesaurus からの a pain (in the neck) の定義 © Cambridge University Press)
a pain (in the neck) idiom