thank you for posting your query on microsoft community.
i understand that you are facing issues with windows 10. i apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.
the issue could occurs when “isshortcut” string value for lnk filetype is missing in windows registry. it might be deleted by a 3rd party tweaking software or by you to remove the shortcut arrow from icons.
to assist you better, please provide us the below information:
- are you getting any error message?
- have you install any third party software on the computer prior to the issue?
- have you made any changes to the computer prior to the issue?
i suggest you to perform the below steps and check if it helps.
1. press windows key + r key.
2. type “regedit” without the quotes in the run dialog box and hit on enter key. it’ll open registry editor.
now go to following key:
note: before performing any editing in registry editor, please try to take backup the registry folder on which you are going to make changes and save it on the desktop. if any occurs, then you can restore the registry
thư mục through the backup which has been taken in the desktop. to take backup of the registry folder, refer to the link provided below.
3. in right-side pane, right-click in empty area and select new -> string value option. now set its name to isshortcut.
3. close registry editor and restart your windows. check if the issues persist.
to do so: important this section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. however, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. for added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. for more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the microsoft knowledge base:
322756 (http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756/ )
how to back up and restore the registry in windows.
reply to us with the information, so that we can assist you better.
let us know if you need any further assistance on windows related issues and we will be glad to help.