- if wi-fi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration, you cannot connect your pc to the wireless network.
- this problem is usually caused by driver issues but we tackle all possible angles.
- resetting the tcp/ip protocol can provide the quickest solution so go ahead.
- you can also try to change the wireless ssid and password so you can have a fresh start.
to fix various pc problems, we recommend restoro pc repair tool: this software will repair common computer errors, protect you from file loss, malware, hardware failure and optimize your pc for maximum performance. fix pc issues and remove viruses now in 3 easy steps:
- download restoro pc repair tool that comes with patented technologies (patent available here).
- click start scan to find windows issues that could be causing pc problems.
- click repair all to fix issues affecting your computer’s security and performance
- restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.
wi-fi network is a great choice if you don’t want to deal with wires and if you want to move your laptop to a different location.
although wi-fi is quite useful, some windows 10 users reported encountering the wi-fi doesn’t have valid ip configuration error message.
this error will prevent you from using wi-fi, so let’s see how to fix it.
the wi-fi doesn’t have valid ip configuration message can prevent you from accessing the internet. there are some variations of this error, and speaking of similar issues, here are the most common ones:
- no valid ip configuration windows 10 – this can occur due to your antivirus or security settings. you should be able to fix the problem by disabling your antivirus.
- wi-fi doesn’t have valid ip configuration lenovo, hp, windows 10 toshiba, asus, surface pro 4, dell – can appear on almost any device, and it’s usually caused by your drivers. be sure to update your drivers to the latest version.
- wi-fi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration unidentified network, no internet access, no internet secured – these are some variations of this error, but you can fix all of them by using the solutions from this article.
what can i do if wi-fi doesn’t have a valid ip configuration?
1. uninstall your wireless adapter driver
- press windows key + x and choose device manager.
- locate your wireless device, right-click it, and choose uninstall device.
- if available, check the delete driver software for this device box and click ok.
- restart your pc.
windows 10 will automatically install the default wireless driver after the restart. if the default driver works well, you can continue using it, but if there are any problems you might have to download the latest driver and install it.
keep in mind that updating your drivers is an advanced procedure. if you’re not careful you can cause permanent damage to your system by downloading the wrong driver version, therefore use extra caution.
we strongly recommend using a specialized tool to automatically download all the outdated drivers on your pc. the process is almost entirely automatic.
some of the most common windows errors and bugs are a result of old or incompatible drivers. the lack of an up-to-date system can lead to lag, system errors or even bsods.to avoid these types of problems, you can use an automatic tool that will find, download, and install the right driver version on your windows pc in just a couple of clicks, and we strongly recommend driverfix. here’s how to do it:
- download and install driverfix.
- launch the application.
- wait for driverfix to detect all your faulty drivers.
- the software will now show you all the drivers that have issues, and you just need to select the ones you’d liked fixed.
- wait for driverfix to download and install the newest drivers.
- restart your pc for the changes to take effect.
drivers will no longer create any problems if you download and use this powerful software today.
disclaimer: this program needs to be upgraded from the
miễn phí version in order to perform some specific actions.
2. reset tcp/ip
- search for cmd and click on run as administrator to start command prompt.
- enter the following lines:
- close command prompt and restart your pc.
bear in mind that if you use a static ip address you’ll have to set it again. if the previous commands didn’t work, you might want to try these commands as well:
in case you can’t use command prompt to enter the commands listed above, you should check out this troubleshooting guide to fix the problem.
3. change the wireless ssid and password
it was reported that you can fix wi-fi doesn’t have valid ip configuration error by accessing your modem and changing the wireless ssid and password.
to do that, you’ll have to connect your pc with your modem using the ethernet cable, access your modem and change the wireless ssid and password.
for more details on how to do that, we strongly suggest that you check your modem’s manual.
4. set the channel width to auto
- press windows key + x and select network connections from the menu.
- right-click your wireless connection and choose properties from the menu.
- click the configure button and go to the advanced tab.
- locate 802.11n channel width for band 2.4 and set it to auto.
- click ok to save changes.
if you don’t know what wi-fi channel to use, use these amazing wi-fi analyzers to help you choose.
5. set your ip address manually
- press windows key + x and choose network connections.
- right-click your wireless network and choose properties from the menu.
- select internet protocol version 4 (tcp/ipv4) and click the properties button.
- select the use the following ip address option and enter the ip address, subnet mask, and default gateway (you might have to enter different data).
- after you’re done, click the ok button.
note: youu2019ll have to enter the dns server manually. we used googleu2019s public dns, but you can also use updating as your preferred dns server.
6. remove your antivirus software
antivirus software or firewall can often interfere with your internet connection and cause ip configuration failure. as a workaround, you might want to temporarily remove your antivirus or firewall.
users reported that avast and avg antivirus can cause this issue, and after removing the problematic software the issue was resolved.
bear in mind that almost any antivirus software can cause this problem, so be sure to temporarily remove all third-party antivirus tools.
run a system scan to discover potential errors
click start scan to find windows issues.
click repair all to fix issues with patented technologies.
run a pc scan with restoro repair tool to find errors causing security problems and slowdowns. after the scan is complete, the repair process will replace damaged files with fresh windows files and components.
many antiviruses and any other software can’t be uninstalled completely by a regular uninstallation process, and they often leave some files behind that can clog your system or prevent a proper reinstallation.
that’s why we recommend using a professional tool that will totally eliminate any trace of your antivirus, even from the registry.
⇒ get iobit uninstaller pro
if removing the antivirus software fixes the problem, you can proceed and install the latest version of your antivirus or switch to a different antivirus software.
we recommend you an antivirus software that optimizes your computer’s process activity, a very important thing that might prevent you from a lot of problems that might appear while using your pc (including this type of pc errors).
7. change the number of dhcp users
according to some users, you can fix this problem by increasing the number of dhcp users. some routers are usually limited to 50 and this can cause the ip configuration failure message to appear.
to fix this issue you need to access your router and increase the number of dhcp users manually.
users reported that after increasing the number all issues were resolved. check the router manual to learn how to do that.
in addition, some users also suggest that you can fix the problem with the ip configuration by increasing the number of maximum wireless users.
some routers are limited to only 10 wireless users, and by increasing the maximum number the issue was resolved.
just in case you can’t access your router, go to this excellent guide will help you learn what you can do to fix it.
8. perform a clean boot
- press the windows key + r, type msconfig and press enter.
- choose selective startup and uncheck load startup items.
- go to the services tab, check hide all microsoft services and click the disable all button.
- go to startup tab and click on open task manager, then click apply and ok.
- right-click each item on the list and choose disable.
- close task manager and click apply and ok in the windows configuration window.
- restart your computer.
if the problem doesn’t appear, you might want to enable the disabled services and applications and find the one that is causing this issue so you can remove it or update it.
9. make sure that dhcp is turned on
- open network connections.
- locate your network adapter, right click it and choose diagnose.
- wait for the scan to finish.
note: you can always turn on dhcp from your router settings in case you turned it off earlier.
10. make sure that the security type matches
sometimes ip configuration failure can be caused by your security type, so make sure that the security type on your pc matches the security type set by your router.
to do that, simply open your router settings page, visit the wireless section and check what type of security is being used. after that, make sure that your wireless adapter is using the same security type.
problems with wi-fi ip configuration can prevent you from accessing the internet, but we hope that you managed to fix this problem after using one of our solutions.
if your wi-fi is not working on your
máy tính bảng, but it’s working on your phone, you can also check this great guide to solve the problem.
if you have any other advice or possible solutions, don’t hesitate to provide them in a comment from the dedicated section below.
still having issues? fix them with this tool:
- download this pc repair tool rated great on trustpilot.com (download starts on this page).
- click start scan to find windows issues that could be causing pc problems.
- click repair all to fix issues with patented technologies (exclusive discount for our readers).
restoro has been downloaded by 0 readers this month.